Dealing with the estate of a loved one following their passing can be complex and stressful during an already traumatic time. It is often the case that family members of a deceased are tasked with administering the estate and personal affairs through such a distressing an emotional time. Neil Foley & Co can provide assistance through our comprehensive Probate & Estate Administration service, offering our knowledge and expertise at affordable costs.
Our sensitive and specialist staff will guide you through the process required to administer the estate and in particular:
- Determine the assets of the estate
- Determine any debts of the estate
- Calculate what tax if any is due to HMRC and file the Tax return
- Submit application to the Court to obtain the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- File grant with assets holding organisations and collect in assets
- Settle debts of the estate
- Distribute the estate to beneficiaries in accordance with the will or Inestacy Rules.
Here at Neil Foley & Co, we understand the difficulty of these situations and aim to carry the burden of dealing with the estate, allowing you to concentrate on more personal matters at this difficult time. You can choose the extent of the help and advice you wish from us, such as only requiring the application for a Grant of Probate or our involvement for the duration of the matter.
We can also provide advice and assistance on other related issues such as inheritance dependency claims and the challenging of a will.